We are excited to offer you an opportunity to be part of our annual Christmas Parade. Mark your calendars now to join the downtown festivities on Saturday, December 14, 2019, from 2 pm to 3 pm.
The parade starts at 2 pm with line up starting at 1:00 pm at Sanford Elementary School, 300 Williams Way. The parade will end at Dorothy Fielder Park but please do not stop there or it will hold up the entire parade.
Would you like to be a sponsor? Please contact us!
How to Participate in the Parade:
- The parade committee encourages floats that are decorated with the parade theme; the float or participants should reflect the theme “Christmas Town” but no Santas will be allowed on any float.
- The parade line-up will begin at 1:00 PM. All floats will be numbered for the parade line up – please be early to get assigned your number. If you have not completed the proper paperwork, please plan to arrive at 1:00pm. The parade will begin promptly at 2:00 PM.
- Only registered parade entrants and their participants will be allowed to enter the line-up area.
- Kid drop-off and parent parking will be at Van Alstyne Middle School
- Throwing items at the crowd is prohibited, including candy however, you may pass it out.
Line-up will begin at Sanford Elementary School and will continue south down Highway 5 (Waco Street), will turn left on Marshall then left on Main Street. While the parade officially ends at Dorothy Fielder Park, specific instructions as to where to stop will be given at the parade
Both the Waiver Form and the Registration Form must be signed in order for you to participate in the parade. You may hand-deliver, or email your completed forms to [email protected]. If you do not get it completed ahead of time, there will be forms to fill out at the line-up. You must have a completed form to be eligible to participate in the parade.